How do you take your coffee? I like to take my favorite pick-me-up into the shower in a wonderfully exfoliating, rejuvenating coffee scrub soap! I just LOVE coffee soap!
So why use coffee in soap, anyway? It is 100% natural, vegan, sulfate-free, paraben-free, cruelty-free, and plastic free. Just a few of the benefits to using coffee in soap are:
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants
- Coffee can be soothing to sensitive or sunburned skin
- Coffee grounds create a magnificent exfoliant
Ingredients: Olive oil, coconut oil, palm oil, coffee, & essential oil.
- Pure Coffee - Unscented without Essential Oil
- Coffee Essential Oil
- Sweet Orange
- Citrus (Lemon)
The Essential Ingredients You’ll Find in Our Soaps
Coconut oil is full of vitamin E and antioxidants. It moisturizes, soothes, and fights the effects of aging (such as wrinkles and saggy skin) and contributes to the amazing lather you’ll find in our soap.
Babassu oil is a tropical oil made from the seeds of the babassu palm, a tree native to the rain forests of South America. Babassu works well as a substitute for coconut-free soap. Babassu is packed with antioxidants and healthy fats, it can boost the health of your skin and hair, moisturizing them without causing you to feel greasy or develop acne.
Olive oil has been an all-star of the culinary and beauty worlds for centuries. It’s loaded with antioxidants and rich properties that leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Olive oil by itself can make the soap soft, but we paired ours with palm oil which hardens the bar, giving it a solid feel in your hands and allowing it to last longer.
Avocado oil will increase the conditioning and add creaminess to the soap's lather. Avocado oil also has wonderful skin care advantages such as a high content of vitamin A, D and E.
Palm oil helps harden each bar of soap that we make and has a number of important nourishing qualities that are great for your skin. Palm oil is loaded with Vitamin E and is extremely moisturizing. It also contributes to that wonderful lather you’ll find in our soap. We love this oil for its multifaceted properties.
Cocoa butter adds firmness and moisture to the bar. Cocoa butter gives the soaps the hardness. Cocoa butter is used to help create a firm yet spreadable texture that’s perfect for cracked, dry heels.
Palm kernel flakes are simply palm kernel oil made into flake form. These flakes make this oil extremely easy to use. The flakes help to produce a harder bar and a thick creamier lather. This oil contains vitamin E, rarely found tocotrienols and a wide array of antioxidants.
Reasons to include ground coffee additives in soaps:
- Coffee, when added to one’s daily skin care routine via a cleansing bar for example, can reduce dryness, dull appearance and puffiness associated with aging. Anti-oxidants in coffee beans provide a soothing effect and sense of calm and quiet when applied directly to the skin via a soap bar or other skin care product. Finely ground coffee beans can rid the skin of dry, dead skin cells and restore it to a more radiant and smooth appearance. Coffee, by stimulating blood flow, improves circulation and consequently the appearance of the skin. Roasted coffee beans are rich in Vitamin B3, also known as Niacin. B3 is thought to fight non-melanoma skin cancers and other growths on the skin. Utilizing a coffee cleansing bar supports this cancer fighting behavior. The antioxidants, stimulants, and chlorogenic acids found in coffee make it an effective acne-fighting agent. Acne can be exacerbated by excessive oil, dead skin cells and topically applied products that clog the pores. Gently scrubbing the face with a coffee bean infused soap can help to clear away dead skin cells, unclog the pores and fight bacteria. Because of the ability to dilate, or widen, the blood vessels under the skin’s surface, a coffee based soap or nonabrasive face mask can help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes for a more illuminated appearance. Coffee beans have natural anti-inflammatory properties. When the skin is subjected to too much sun and a sun burn results, a coffee soap when used very cautiously and gently on a sun burn can reduce inflammation and sooth the skin. Rosacea flare ups are often caused by bacteria and inflammation. Because of the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of coffee beans, using a coffee based soap in a daily skin routine can reduce the number of occurrences.
- Charcoal helps to remove dirt and other impurities from the skin's pores. Charcoal helps to “detox” or “purify” skin when used as a soap or facial cleanser. Charcoal helps clear up acne.
We use essential oils to impart therapeutic and restorative properties into our products. We’re proud to share that our essential oils are 100% natural, 100% pure, undiluted, and often times steam-distilled to obtain the highest levels of purity. All of the essential oils we use are sourced from high-grade botanicals from around the world to ensure that each bar of soap gives you the highest quality therapeutic and restorative effects as possible. And of course, we make sure to choose essential oils that hold more “commonly approved” aromas and scents.